Friday, January 06, 2006

Expiration Date

I am 28 years old and have been dating my boyfriend (who is 25) for 4 1/2 years now.

Why? Too immature to snag someone your age?

We have broken up a couple times and dated other people, and we have always come back to each other...so I feel confindent that he is the person I want to be with and he wants to be with me.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. All it really tells you is that this isn't working out but nobody has the balls to move on.

The problem is that I am thinking marriage within the next year or two and he is not.

Why should he? 25 years old is still a fucking KID in man years.

We have discussed it once, but I don't want to keep bringing it up, because I really do not want him to feel pressured. But I also don't want to give him an ultimatum or deadline, because that will just scare him off.

Manipulation is not easy is it?

I just don't know what to do.

Tell him what you need and if he can't provide you move on to one who will...that usually works quite well.

I don't want him to think I am just going to wait around forever for him to propose.

What would give him that idea? I mean, you've only been waiting for him to pop the question for what, 5 years?

I want to married by time I turn 30 and I am afraid that it is not going to happen!

Oh, puhleze, get over yourself already. You sound like a heroine out of a badly written Chick Lit novel.

2 Comments:

At 2/14/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it! You don't sugar coat things, you tell it like it is and I think that is great.

You have a way with it too, that just has me rolling in laughter!

Diane in Texas

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've heard of the biological clock ticking, but what happens if you turn 30 with no ring on your finger? Does it suddenly blow up in nuclear-devastating proportions?

You sound miserable and obsessed. No one wants to marry a person with those qualities on their resume, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home