Monday, December 19, 2005

How To Get Promoted

I'm 23 and dating a man who is 39.

Because my father ran off when I was 2.

It is a big age gap, but he is very young looking and so far the age gap hasn't got in the way.

I wear so much make up that people think I'm 30 anyway.

He's divorced with 2 kids. This isn't a problem for me.

It's not like he ever really sees them.

However, in the beginning he told me that he doesn't believe in anything after divorce. As far as he's concerned, if a marriage fails, then he shouldn't continue with serious relationships.

This is menspeak for "I just want a fuckbuddy."

This concerns me, because it's as if he's trying to tell me that he doesn't want our relationship to go anywhere.

Let me guess. You don't comprende menspeak.

Or is he just saying that he wants to take things slow?

Please, don't overexert your brain like this, it's not used to it. Unlike womenspeak, menspeak rarely has any hidden meanings.

Things are going well but I don't want to smother him too much and make him feel like I'm getting too close, so he ends up pushing me away.

Put the musket down slowely and back off NOW. You're NOT on an expedition in Kenya. You're NOT trying to catch a rare kind of elephant for your zoo back at home. STOP wasting your time trying to make a man get serious, when he clearly says he's not.

What can I do to show how much I like him and appreciate him without pressuring him?

What you're really asking is:

How do I get a guy to commit after he's clearly told me that he's just in it for the sex?

Hon if I knew how to do this I wouldn't be sitting here laughing at you; I'd be doing readings for Madonna at 20.000$ an hour.

I really like him. He said in a phone call last week that he loves me, which was a shock.

I love you = I want to marry you NOT.

He has suggested we go away on holiday together soon, which to me suggests that he wants to move things on...

In what way does wanting to go away on a holiday with one's bone-picker suggests that one wants a commited relationship?

Any advice??

Sure. Keep living your life on the premise of such intangibles as "suggest" and "assume" and I guarantee you, it won't be just your tush that will keep getting hairy.

4 Comments:

At 12/19/2005, Blogger xianfu said...

Is this a joke or it's real? It looks real to me...anyway....do leave a comment at my blog..Merrt Christmas... CIao!!!

 
At 12/20/2005, Blogger Nancie Neal said...

Heh, nice blog. Very interesting.

This is probably the same type of person who calls Dr Laura and then can't understand why Dr Laura start to scold her and then make some lame comment like "but I LOVE him."

Keep it up.

 
At 12/27/2005, Blogger ~J~ said...

Yay!!! You're back!!!!

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one was too easy.

Man says upfront, no marriage.

Woman thinks, this may be a challenge. I think I might try and see how good I am at manipulation.

Then we can read the book, "How To Score A Non-Marriage Minded Man". Maybe they'll even make a movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home