Monday, February 06, 2006

Can't Stop Bitchin

I'm sad and depressed because my boyfriend of 3 months thinks I flip out so much that he's not sure if he even wants to be with me at this time.

Sad and depressed don't change anything. What are you going to DO about it?

I am going thru stress at work and I only talk to him about it, so unfortunately I unleash my pent up frustrations on him.

Well stop it. He's a boyfriend - someone to date and have fun with, not your friggin therapist.

When I tell him whats going on at work, I get so angry that I wind up picking a fight with him or verbally lashing out at him. I know I am wrong here. I love him so much and yet I've done this twice to him.

Spare me the "I-don't-know-why-I'm-doing-this" crap. If you really love him get your ass to an anger management course.

He is a very sensitive man and he gets very upset about this. His feelings are genuinely hurt and he tells me so. I feel awful of course for hurting the feelings of someone I love. I must confess, I do get surprised by his reactions because he is so sensitive. He is the most sensitive man I've ever dated and I'm not quite used to this.

Hello? Just because your other boyfriends were brutes like you that does not make him "sensitive".

I want to put this relationship back on track. How can I do this? He came over to my house this morning and stayed for 6 hours. We just talked about it and he dropped the whole "I need space" bomb on me. I am devestated but not surprised. What can I do to save my relationship?

The usual: Take him seriously. Stop invalidating his feelings. Start therapy.

How can I survive this new "space"?

By getting a life.

I'm so sad and depressed right now that I just want to take a sleeping pill and make myself go to sleep so I won't have to deal with the hurt i'm feeling.

I hope you've bought an economy size bottle...because tomorrow you'll still feel "sad and depressed".

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you really use the phrase "validating his feelings"?

 
At 2/07/2006, Blogger (Not) Dear Abby said...

It slipped. ;)

Something about people acting like dicks brings out the Phil in me.

 
At 2/08/2006, Blogger Vixen said...

she is absolutely horrid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home