Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Overtime Or Over Heels?

Hi there.. I have a very big question... I don't understand why my fiance turn to stay at work longer and longer hours...

[Long suffering sigh]

I can tell already it's going to be one of those no-brainers.

It has been about a month now that he (my fiance) is staying at work for so long.. he usually come home either by 5 or 5.30 to have dinner with me.. lately he did not call to tell me that he will be home late and he is still at work until 7 or 8 pm.

So what was his excuse? I mean, you did ask him "hey, what's the deal with the overtime? "

What? You didn't?

When i picked him up after work as he didn't take the car. He didn't react like before.. before everytime i drop by as a surprise to pick him up from work he will be more than happy .. these days he looks worry and nervous and this morning he told me that if I gonna pick him up again on my way back please call the office first to let him know...

Why? So that you don't accidentally run into him getting a blow-job from the perky-breasted brunette with the tongue-piercing?

(the office number because he lost his mobile phone)

Are you sure he lost it and didn't just, erm, lend it to somebody?

He has been working very hard.. (heh) when he comes home sometime he didn't even want dinner he said that he has already eaten some pizza from work or something like that.. he will be too tired to even talk to me.. (and of course much too tired to screw) he just want to watch tv then go to sleep and get up to go to work..

however, i feel that lately he has been having a very angry feeling toward me with everything i do.. everything i do seems to be wrong for him or not rights... he is very grumpy

If that man was really doing overtime, he'd be angry about his workload, not you.

Like last weekend.. we had a big fight about the wedding planning.. he went to check out few places for our venues with me and on Sunday's evening, he screamed at me that he can't handle it anymore..

And you sat there, head bowed in shame instead of imperiously calling off the wedding (until you get a grip, asshole).

He said that i supposed to do all the wedding things by myself

Why should you? It's not like you're getting married by yourself.

he said that i have been slow and wait for him while he got so much on his hands like work and stuff...

"and stuff"

That's a novel way of putting it.

i was waiting for him to see with me because i thought that we could make a decision together.. I just never see he so angry at me like this so I feel nervous...

Be nervous. Be very nervous.

Anyway, i wonder if he likes someone else at work (Oh my god, I'm blinded! A ray of intuition!) or he just work harder (he is a principle of a school).

Oh oh.

Should i just calm down and act as normal? ...while I spend some of that wedding budget on a detective?

Sure!

By the way this weekend is his Birthday and he needs a break from the city so we are going away for the beach.. should i say anything and if so what should i ask ?

I wouldn't but, if you really must, say:

"You've been acting like a total dickwad lately, and if you don't want me to pawn off the engagement ring for a week in Las Vegas/new appartment/whatever, you better start talking. Be very convincing."

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2005, Blogger Vixen said...

Sage advice. Wonder if she'll take it.

 
At 8/03/2005, Blogger (Not) Dear Abby said...

I can guarantee you she won't.

Who knows. [shrug] Maybe someone else will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home