Friday, August 05, 2005

Want To Meet His Kid

I am currently dating a 26 year old man for a month but we are getting along great, let me mention though that we are already having sex. My problem is that he has not said anything to his 4 year old son about us dating.

Why should he? You have only known each other for a month. In fact it's a relief to read that there are single parents out there, who don't introduce their kids to every Tom, Dick and Harry that crosses their path.

I know that Gavin is only four but it makes me worried that he hasn't told him because he attends a daycare where I am a teacher and see him everyday so I don't know what the big deal would be.

Are you always this short-sighted, or has your insecurity rendered you completely witless?

Should this relationship run its course, you're going to have enough trouble looking each other in the eye, without having a troubled kid in your hands and everybody at work gossiping about it.

The thing that bothers me is that he will invote me over to his apartment on weekends that he has Gavin only after he goes to sleep.

Well stop being in a hurry to play mama. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever. You'll get to deal with the angry tyke and his jealous mom soon enough.

Do you think he could be holding off on telling Gavin because then his ex girlfriend who he dated for four years would find out and then there would be questions?

You still don't get it.

Why don't you ask the kid's dad? I'm sure he'll be happy to clue you in.

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2005, Blogger Vixen said...

Hmmmm, she needs to enjoy her honeymoon while she still can...and stop bitching about not meeting the kid. For all she knows, he might be worse than Dennis the Menace, and the guy is just trying to spare her the aggravation. CAB!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home