Friday, February 10, 2006

Love Online

I met my guy in a chat room.

How... original.

He chased me intensely in the beginning, wanted to meet and I met him. He continued to pursue me romantically, phone calls all evening, chat when we'd get home from work etc. We met a 2nd time and actually had sex. But he was still attentive during the week afterward....

And that must mean I'm special to him, you see? It can't be just booty-sex if they call the next day. Cosmo said so!

Then we had an intense argument breakup, because he drove 2 hours to meet another girl that he'd met ALSO on the internet when he had been claiming to be too busy to come and visit ME.

You didn't actually think you were the ONLY ONE, did you?! People who go fishing on the internet seldom have just one hook in the swamp.

He tells me at that time "She is just a friend and invited me to meet up with her and other people one evening. I didnt know I wasnt allowed to have any friends". Defensive. Like I was in the wrong for even questioning him.

You were wrong. Since when do some chats, a few phone-calls and a one night stand qualify as an exclusive relationship?

Well we made up after that one but nothing was the same. He stopped telling me he loved me, never offered to visit or if we talked about it, it was always put off till another time. He would talk about how broke he is and how much it costs to fill up his gas tank...

Driving around to sow your seed in desperate single mothers across the country is not exactly cheap these days.

I should say I live an hour away from him and I'm not always free to do things on the weekend as I have a child.

And of course that's a great excuse not to go out when you CAN, pine for internet casanovas rather than dating the nice guy from the basketweaving course, and putting out on the second date instead of at least asking for cash up front.

He would still call me 5 or 6 times in an evening ( we both work 2nd shift on boring jobs) but it was getting less and less. Finally one night online with him I told him I missed all the romance and was unhappy without it and was close to giving up.

Giving up what? The privilege of being some wanker's "one in every port" gal?

He got extremely angry, called me on the phone and went off on me. That he needed to be about himself at this time as he'd always been about everyone else. That he thought we could talk as friends. Well I said I already had friends that we were lovers. His answer was "we made love ONE time".

Unfortunately that doesn't deter some people from googling for wedding cakes and baby names.

That hurts! To me it was special, him saying that was like it meant nothing to him because it was only once....

Wipe yourself off, you look like a panda for chrissakes. When will women realize there is no such thing as a waterproof mascara.

He went all weekend without calling or speaking. On Monday night he called and said "I owe you an apology. It has been me. I have been acting like a jerk and you dont deserve that. I am working through mental things right now and until I get my head on straight I guess I am going to be this way. I'm not trying to get you back or anything i just felt I owed you an apology because it wasnt you or anything you did or said".

I thanked him for the apology. I didnt really say anything else, but now I wonder if he was trying to give me an opening to make up.

Trust desperation to see "an opening" in the most obvious letdown.

He didnt offer to change anything or go back to the loving relationship we had. So I didnt know. But did I give up to fast? Should I have said do you want to work on it?

Please someone, whack this poor woman out of her misery. Yes a battle mace will do just fine.

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She at very least should have mentioned the flowers I sent. Geeeez!

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me what some men will say when they're horney. And since this woman didn't give him any hope of getting booty again through his tears... well... hmmm

... conversation over then!

Be GLAD he didn't offer to change. You honestly don't believe he would, do you? At least he was decent enough not to lie about it and make any empty promises you would have sucked up like ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home