Sunday, March 05, 2006

I Rest My Case

I've always been the obedient, studious only child to protective, caring parents. A few years ago, I thought I married a sweet tempered but underachieving guy who would always treat my parents well.

That's a novelty. Most women just marry a guy and hope he is going to be a decent husband and a good father.

I worked as a lawyer while my husband attended basketweaving chiropractic school. Things started going south when I became pregnant with my first child and he er, we decided that I would become a full-time mom until our two children are old enough to go to preschool. We now have a baby and a toddler.

I feel that he pushed me to have children before we were financially stable because he wanted to have children while he was still in his early 30's.

Husband: Listen up woman. It's time for me to sow my seed. Ready or not here I cum.

Wife: As you wish my lord and master, but who's going to stay with the kids?

Husband: You of course, you're the wife aren't you? You know: wash, iron, fuck, ect.

Now, we are struggling financially and I am resentful and angry at him for not working hard enough, for spending too much time with his brothers and sister instead of with me, for not helping out with the kids, for not sleeping in our bed because our children sleep in the room with me and he does not want to be disturbed at night, for not helping out enough with chores around the house, for changing from the sweet tempered man I thought I married into a sarcastic, quick-tempered, foul mouthed man and finally, for not wanting to give up the guest bedroom bed so that my parents who live 2 hours away can sleep on it when they come to visit me every other weekend.

Holy shit, you really ARE a lawyer.

Do you think this is one of those marriages that will get better in a few years when the children are older and I begin working again?

How the fuck should I know?! Oh yeah, sure, whatever.

Is it unfair to ask him to give up the guest bedroom bed so that my parents who live 2 hours away can stay for two days every other weekend?

Who cares. But let me guess, your husband thinks it is.

He feels jealous of my relationship with my father and wants me to stop constantly telling my parents our problems.

Too fucking bad. He knew you were daddy's girl before he married you. Just as you should have known that losers are only "sweet tempered" until you are under their thumb.

The problem is I feel my parents are always there for me and he only sometimes is. Who is right and who is wrong?

You're not in court of law anymore. Right and wrong is irrelevant now. This is just life. It's all about short-sighted choices, and whether the crap you are willing to put up with is worth it.

2 Comments:

At 3/07/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like 2 people that want the other to change.

 
At 3/07/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, my first marriage went south after I got pregnant with my second child too. So I divorced him and found myself a nice guy. I'll tell you this makes me appreciate him all the more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home