Saturday, July 09, 2005

Booty Call For Love

I guess I am wondering if I am letting myself be used.

It depends on your definition. Lets agree that being used means you give without getting anything back.

I have been seeing a guy for about 7 months. We have never gone out on an official "date". Just to a bar and to his aparmtent to play cards watch tv etc..

Would that innocent sounding "etc", per chance, mean "hot, wild sex"?

I fell for him early on and told him I felt. He has told me he does not want a serious relationship and has never wavered on this.

But he did want the sex, didn´t he?

This prompted me to agree to be "friends with beneftis" as we have great sex and I did not want to give this up. We really have a great time together etc..

I still can´t see how you are being used.

I thought I could keep my emotions at bay but I have not heard from him for 2 weeks (usually I see him 2-3 times a week) and it is driving me crazy and making me realize my feelings again.

So you can´t take the heat. What are you going to do about it?

I know it seems pretty clear looking at this that I am a fool.

Mildy so, yes.

The problem is when I am with him he makes comments that elude to the future or at least that make it sound like one day he wants to be with me in a more serious way.

He´s just dangling a carrot in front of you. If a man does decide to get serious, the last person he´d choose would be his bone-buddy.

Does it sound like I am just holding out hope for something that will never be?

Yes.

I should mention that when I do see him it is usually a 1000pm or 1100pm text message..(booty call).

We established that already.

This relationship is killing me...I cannot seem to get him out of my system!

Then I´ll guess you´ll just have to stick around until he´s through with you.

I keep giving him leeway because he has 3 children and an ex wife who left him and I just think he needs time.

Time for what? To win her back? You might want to ask her why she left him.

3 Comments:

At 7/10/2005, Blogger Wildefrost said...

I don't know, it sounds a little sketchy. Although maybe he simply doesn't want to admit his feelings for you because he doesn't want to be hurt again. The fact that he has been hurt before might simply mean he is having a hard time dealing with his feelings?

Cheer up. :)

 
At 7/10/2005, Blogger (Not) Dear Abby said...

Yes I don´t doubt that he´s been "hurt" and that he´ll get over it eventually.

But she needs to consider that once these men are ready for a relationship, they rarely if ever stay with the oh-so-patient rebound girl that help them on their feet in the first place.

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno... these people wonder why they are confused.

They have feelings.
They think they're in love.
They want a normal relationship they can grow with. Marriage, kids, white-picketed fence and 2 dogs in the yard.

Let's see. Do I spend my time with a guy looking for the same? Or do I waste it on a guy who, truth be known, probably has more fuck-buddies then me?

Gee, tough decision here!

You SETTLED on being a fuck-buddy, stupid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home