Thursday, July 07, 2005

He Wants Space

I have been dating a wonderful man for the past two years. Just last week, he decided to tell me that he needed space and time to think about things.

Ahhh. The infamous "space". There is usually only one reason why men want space and that´s...

He said that he's had a feeling that things were "off" between us for the past 5 or 6 months, but he thought it might be a phase and didn't want to say anything to alarm me.

That sounds like an intelligent thing to do... (not).

More recently, he has started spending more time with another female friend than with me.

...another woman.

He says there is no attraction, (liar, liar pants on fire) but she is more fun to hang out with because I've been so emotional.

The "it´s your fault".

My crazy emotions are due to the fact that he has said he wants space and because he's been spending so much time with another woman.

That would make any woman "crazy" I think.

In any case, I am totally lost without him. I can't call him, email him, or visit him now because it makes him push me away even more. And he certainly hasn't made any moves to contact me.

Why should he? He´s having way too much with his new "friend", while you actually pine for the lowlife.

He said he doesn't want to make a decision that he will regret (i.e. breaking up), but he's not sure what he wants right now.

Translation: He wants to make sure she´s a bigger doormat than you before he ditches you completely.

I just don't understand how, after 2 years, someone can so quickly do a 180 and avoid spending time with someone they were so excited to see everyday. He says he doesn't know what has caused this feeling.

Duh! Another woman perhaps?!

I am so confused and hurt...and find it hard to even keep breathing. (Oh, please, please spare me!) I am trying to keep myself busy. I drag myself to work...just to sit and stare at the monitor. My roommate has kept me busy several nights this week...but I still usually end up crying each time because I miss my darling so much.

If you had any self-esteem you wouldn´t be missing that slapper. You really might want to work on that.

I just don't know what I could have done to make him not be as ecstatic to see me and spend time with me anymore.

You did nothing. Fresh pussy will do that to a man. Pussy which he could have said no to if he was any decent.

I want things to work out because I love him completely. I can't imagine my life without him in it.

Barf.

2 Comments:

At 7/08/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He didn't finish the sentence: "I need some space...away from you." If he isn't already riding the new pony, he's got one picked out from the heard. Time to move on.

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once was in love with a man who I thought loved me. He went away to Atlanta for a computer project and I found out from his brother he was actually in Spain with a girl he knew for quite some time.

It was one of the worst 3 weeks of my life. I did all the usual stuff you're doing to yourself, too. I even managed to speak to him again when he returned home to "explain". My room-mate thought I was nuts! I was.

Then one day he invited me over to his new condo down the shore. It was a long drive. Plenty of time to think.

When I got there, he didn't answer the door, but his car was there so I knew he was home. I waited a good 20 minutes before I got back in my car and drove all the way back home.

He called a few days later, asking what happened to me and why I hadn't called. I said because I spent an hour drive only to realize I had wasted my time. He feigned being home the entire time and not hearing the door. I suppose he didn't hear the phone too?

I quietly hung up the phone, met another man, am married and we have the most wonderful child in the world!

Sometimes you just have to accept the hurt you feel, but don't accept the behavior that hurt you.

This too shall pass is a truth everyone can find comfort with. But it's never going to pass unless you let go of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home