Friday, July 22, 2005

Desperate To Marry

My BF and I have been dating for a little over 6 months now and its been great. I have 2 children, ages 13 and 4 and my BF and we do things together regularly (movies, waterparks, zoos, trips out of town, etc...).

Playing family already?

I'm about to be 31 yrs old in another month, my BF just turned 27, I love him totally and before our relationship, I was single for about 2 yrs.

...and working yourself up to a frenzy, I imagine.

When we met, I really didn't think that our relationship would be so wonderful, but I'm so happy to say that I truly met a 'good' man who is patient and mature enough to accept my children and what goes with that kind of responsibility.

Translation: I can´t believe my lucky stars.

Well, don´t gloat yet. All it says about him at the moment is that he wants to make a good impression. It says nothing about his ability to parent these children.


I'm ready for marriage, I'm ready to commit and settle down and be a complete family, and he knows that.

So if he knows that and is still around it means he must want to marry you.

No. Not really.

Before we hit our 3 month period of dating, I told him that I wanted a committment and if he wasn't ready to do that, to just let me know and we'd go our separate ways.

So you basically said to a guy you barely knew: "Look, you´re nice enough, but I´m looking for a husband. Don´t waste my time if you´re not planning to pop the question."

Hon, that doesn´t sound like a woman who knows what she wants. It sounds desperate.


After a couple of days of our separation, he came over and did the whole "I love you" speech and reassured me that my children complete him.

Sweet, but I don´t hear a promise to marry, only that he was in love* with you and wasn´t ready to give you up yet.

*That´s all it is the first year of dating, you can´t really love a person you don´t know.


But, now its 3 months later, and (we're both in the military) he has to take orders elsewhere in November. I don't know if I should continue dating him, give him an ultimatum or what, I'm soooo impatient, BUT at the same time know what I'm ready for.

Ask him to marry you before he leaves. Who knows, you might get lucky and he´ll say yes.

If he says no, then please, no dramas and no ultimatums, just
move on, since marriage is more important to you than the person you´re marrying.

I've never been married and am feeling the pressure of marriage. What should I do?

Try to chill, because an overwelming desire to marry just any man is always a great recipe for disaster.

3 Comments:

At 7/22/2005, Blogger kyknoord said...

Egg a la Peanut Butter is a pretty nasty recipe, too.

 
At 7/23/2005, Blogger Vixen said...

Love your blog!

 
At 7/23/2005, Blogger shiney teeth and me said...

say it sister! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home