Monday, July 18, 2005

Is He Serious About Me

I'm a 20 yr-old college student who recently moved and became single. I met an older guy (one of the best looking I have ever seen) who is 29 but the age difference doesn't seem to bother either of us.

...yet anyway.

I didn't have any intentions of things becoming serious because it seemed like things were going to be a simple fling.

Define fling.

We haven't had sex yet because I told him I am waiting until marriage or at least until I find the guy I am intending on marrying.

I would love to know how one can have a "simple fling" and save themselves for marriage at the same time.

His response was he would be waiting for whenever I was ready.

Sounds like he doesn´t expect it to take too long...

He hasn't pressured me into anything I don't want to do, but our relationship is very physical.

Oral sex is sex you know.

At the same time however he holds my hand and shows lots of affection to me in public.

Which you think means, what exactly?

He has also shared a lot of very personal and dramatic things about his past with me.

And of course that makes you "special"...

I've only known this guy a week

Wow, that´s like...forever!

and he hasn't really taken me out on any really "nice" dates.

You mean you haven´t had a date with him at all.

We have mostly just hung out at his place, gone to the beach, and tried going to a club, but that didn't work out.

Some one could see you...

So my question is how can I figure out if this guy is a typical jerk who only wants me in hopes of sex or if he possibly is interested in sticking around.

Fairly easy. Guys who are just after some nooky generally don´t make the effort to date you. Seem fairly content to "hang out". Even though they act like a boyfriend, they´re not really, because nothing´s (ie. exclusivity, relationship) been talked about or agreed upon.

I have trouble believing guys because of how many times I've been screwed in the past.

Shudder. I don´t think we need to know the exact number.

So when he says things like we should meet up after I'm back in Atlanta for school since his buddy lives there I don't know if he is serious or not.

"Hey, maybe we should hook up again once you´re back in Atlanta."

Yep. Sounds really serious to me.

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I've seriously got to add you to my links list.... and maybe even use these as a source for readings..... seems to me that the same people sending "Dear Abby" letters are the same ones calling the psychic lines.....

 
At 7/23/2005, Blogger Vixen said...

I just Haaaad to add you to both my lists. Someone needs to tell all these crazy heifers that they need to leave these dogs and find decent men! Do you ever send the responses to them?

 
At 8/05/2005, Blogger (Not) Dear Abby said...

If you're looking for the main page, it's here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home