Sunday, August 14, 2005

Love And The Flakey Woman

I am with a man now, have been only for about 3 weeks. I know I shouldn't have jumped into it after an ended 2 year relationship, but sometimes you do it even though you know.

Yes, tell me about it. The fools led by their emotions today are the advice-asking whiners of tomorrow.

I've been burned so many times in the past, that I have developed weird reactions to certain things.

You have a whole bunch of baggage and instead of dealing with it like an adult you...

I haven't been able to quell these actions, but I have figured out what triggers them, so I let him know that.

... expect from other to "respect your hurty places".

And he was fine and understood and just lately he's been slipping with it. And now I don't know what to do.

What? He isn't always catering to your numerous emotional needs...Tsk, tsk, ditch the b@stard, he just doesn't deserve a high-maintenance chick like you...

I can already tell things aren't going to work out. The last time I felt that, it took a year before things ended; I can't bear hurting feelings.

No, you're too much of a wimp.

If that's not confusing enough just two days ago, a good friend of mine who up and disappeared two years ago showed up in my driveway. We were wonderful friends, real close, but he never noticed I really liked him the whole time. I gave up on it, had to for mental stability.

A normal alternative like asking the guy out to a movie and taking it up from there never occurs to wacky broads.

Well, now that he is back he says he wants to start a relationship with me and he could think of no one else he wants to be with and all this other extremely sweet things.

I'm sure that hugely appeals to the part of you, that's constantly looking for the perfect situation that will make her feel good forever.

I've never had anyone say anything like that to me, or chase me down for that. My relationships are usually with people I've known for much less than a year. Never with real close friends.

Of course not. The ones who know you well, know better than to get involved.

I don't know what to do!

Just don't do anything healthy like getting therapy or something like that.

He says I should break up with my current boyfriend because he can see how he makes me feel.

He probably hasn't gotten laid in months, remembered that you had the hots for him in the past and that all you'd need would a little sweet-talking for you to put out a few, before he'd "disappear" again.

What should I do?

What you've always done. Anything but dealing with the common denominator of your unhappiness.

3 Comments:

At 8/15/2005, Blogger Vixen said...

She needs therapy. Lots and lots of therapy.

 
At 8/15/2005, Blogger (Not) Dear Abby said...

Simply refraining from dating will do nothing for this woman except make her even more desperate, Arielle.

She needs to work on her self as well, but from my experience these women never do. And they never, ever take the advice they so urgently seek.

 
At 4/10/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight.

A male EX-friend of yours shows up at your doorstep 2 YEARS after being on Mars without even so much as a postcard.

Then he tells you that the only woman he can think to be with is YOU. And YOU believe it?

Abbey is right. You're the only recourse he could think of after trying out everything else on the market for 2 years and failed, miserably.

You can learn that now, or wait a couple more years until you involve kids and family and all the whole bit. Then you can explain to them when he disappears next time that the mail is reallllly slow on Mars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home